Digital marketing strategy implementation is essential for every business owner, presenting massive opportunities the online world provides to grow the business. There are many ways to do digital marketing. However, without a clear strategy, the organisation could waste time on many different activities, moreover, without knowing which of these are the right strategies and approaches for the organisation.
The core and critical marketing elements are identifying consumers and their needs and participating in how their needs will play out. Further, satisfy those needs by seeking on how to. Analysing and tracking the entire process, which is more accessible through digital marketing, refers to marketing campaigns that appear on a computer, phone, tablet, or another device.
In today’s society, a digital marketing strategic plan is an essential and practical approach for the business to utilise social media. By taking advantage of technology, the internet and other media platforms, the organisation can develop a genuine connection between the target audience moreover improve engagement, various perceptions and other digital communication.
Selecting the strategic approach
- A strategic plan must involve various choices of appropriate strategies to achieve the organisation’s future objectives.
- Identifying the value through online channels and evaluating how potentials customer’s decision process when purchasing a product or service
- The numerous approaches and tools to communicate with consumers and potential customers encourage customers to use the organisation’s offline or online services and even further implement physical, practical and relatable strategies to support the genuine connection between the business and the customer.
The selected strategies should consider the life-cycle stage, which can gradually grow many customers. The marketing mix of product, price, promotion, and place (distribution) determines the organisation’s most suitable and effective marketing strategy. Acknowledging further concerns through customer service also encourages retaining customers. These strategies’ balancing and creative implementation will determine the marketing plan’s effectiveness. Implementation is the process that turns strategies and plans into actions to accomplish strategic objectives and goals. Implementing your strategic plan is as essential, or even more important, than your strategy.
The internal and external influences on digital marketing strategy
Internal influences like:
- Business objectives and strategy
- Multichannel marketing strategy
- Human Resources
- Business culture
Examples like a marketing-orientated business are constantly looking for ways to meet customer needs. Yet a production-orientated culture may result in management setting unrealistic or irrelevant marketing objectives, which can negatively impact the rushed employees, making mistakes and delivering poor outcomes to the business.
External influences like:
- Market structure and demand
- Competitor strategies and actions
- Emerging opportunities and threats
- Technology change
- Economic environment
Examples like rapid technological change, shortening product life cycles and creating great opportunities for innovation. These must be considered when setting marketing objectives and adaptive, innovative and prepared for any changes, like the results of a recession.